I completed my undergraduate studies at the school of Journalism & Mass Media Studies of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH) in Greece. Then, I obtained my Master’s degree at the University of Amsterdam (UvA), following the programme “Media Studies: Television & Cross-Media Culture”, and wrote my thesis about fandom-based user-generated content and on-line communities. A follower of popular culture myself, I started my PhD in fall 2015 as a member of UvA’s Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA), with the title From the Vastness of the Web to Mainstream Production and Vice-Versa: Fan Idenities, User-Generated Content and “Produser” Communities. In my research interests are: user-generated content, popular culture and fandom, convergence, media effects and implications, media production, and audience research.
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- 2015-currently: PhD research, From the Vastness of the Web to Mainstream Production and Vice-Versa: Fan Identities, User-Generated Content and “Produser” Communities, Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis, University of Amsterdam.
- 2014-2015: Master’s degree (1-year degree) in Media studies: Television & Cross-Media Studies, Department of Media Studies, School of Humanities, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. GPA: 6.7. ECTS: 60.
- 2009-2013: Ptychio (4-year degree) in Journalism and Mass Communications, Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, Faculty of Economical & Political Science, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), Greece. GPA: 8.98 out of 10. ECTS: 226. Distinction: 1st among 20 graduates; delivered the oath.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- 18/2/2014: Distinction from the Internship Office of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki for the Best Student Internship Program for academic year 2012-2013 of the Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, AUTH, Greece.
- 2014: Fulbright Foundation alternate candidate.
- 2014: Greek Scholarship Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ) award for the best performance during the third year of under-graduate studies (2011-2012) in the Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, AUTH, Greece.
- 21/11/2013: Distinction: 1st among 20 graduates, delivered the oath in the graduation ceremony of the class of November 2013, Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, AUTH, Greece.
- European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA) member
- Universiteit van Amsterdam Faculteit de Geesteswetenschappen PhD council member
- Jong UvA secretary for 2017