I have obtained my PhD at the Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA) of the University of Amsterdam (UvA). My PhD thesis, entitled A Game of Pawns: Fan-Made Content and Resistance in Online Video Game Communities focuses on the interplay between video game fans and the industry, and the tactics for resistance found within this framework. I was a teaching assistant for the course “Games” at the University of Amsterdam in 2018, and for the course “Television and Entertainment” at the Aristotle University in 2014. In addition, I have worked as events organizer, concert producer and promoter in the Netherlands, and as a journalist for various Greek and international media outlets. I am now the Programme Coordinator of the Games Art & Animation department at the SAE Institute of Amsterdam, in which apart from overseeing the department, I also teach classes on Cultural Analysis, and supervise and assess BA theses.
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- 2015-2022: PhD research: “A Game of Pawns: Fan-Made Content and Resistance in Online Video Game Communities” (Self-funded project) Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis, University of Amsterdam.
- 2014-2015: Master’s degree (1-year degree) in Media studies: Television & Cross-Media Studies, Department of Media Studies, Faculty of Humanities, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 2009-2013: Ptychio (4-year degree) in Journalism and Mass Communications, Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, Faculty of Economical & Political Science, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), Greece.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- 2020: Finishing Fellowship: Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research (AIHR).
- 2014: Distinction from the Internship Office of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki for the Best Student Internship Program for academic year 2012-2013 of the Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, AUTH, Greece.
- 2014: Fulbright Foundation alternate candidate.
- 2014: Greek Scholarship Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ) award for the best performance during the third year of under-graduate studies (2011-2012) in the Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, AUTH, Greece.
- 2013: Distinction: 1st among 20 graduates, delivered the oath in the graduation ceremony of the class of November 2013, Department of Journalism & Mass Media Studies, AUTH, Greece.
You must be logged in to post a comment.